Monday, October 1, 2012

Cookie monster cupcake tutorial

Here's a quick tutorial for the Cookie Monster cupcakes I did for my son's 5th birthday party - they're super easy, and all you need is this Grass/Hair piping tip.



I started with my super-moist choc fudge cupcake...


Since the cupcake's top was flat, I made a "mound" using a crank-handle palette knife 
to get a rounder shape for Cookie's head.



Start at the base and pull-up and out towards you. You'll get the hang of it pretty quick!


Furry cupcake!

These are white choc buttons you can get at any supermarket


Pipe some black buttercream using a No. 2 piping tip for the eyes

Pop the eyes in at an angle to make the all "googly"!!

Break a cookie in half and stuff it in!
Voila! Cookie monster!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, say hi!