Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Novelties for Grown-ups...and more


Kicking off with a 30th birthday cake I made awhile ago for a good mate of mine. He's a proper Aussie bloke, so I thought this BBQ cake might suit him!


The BBQ "meat" were all made out of fondant. 
I'm pretty pleased with how the colour turned out!


The silver "grill" is edible too! 
After I took this picture I painted some syrup on the "meat" to make them shiny and glossy, 
like they've been oiled for grilling!


Here's a pic of the inside of the cake.
Chocolate mud with Oreo buttercream



 And this one's for a client's 30th - hot pink leopard prints were painted on


 And I popped a big bow on the cake as well ;)


Moving away from fondant work (which I do love, but takes quite a bit of effort!)...here're some pretty buttercream cakes. I like how buttercream gives a lovely vintage feel to the design of the cake.

This design was supplied by the client for her own 30th birthday cake.
Silver cachous and a lovely sugar peony completed the picture :)


Rosettes and Ribbons for a classic choc-fudge and vanilla cake to celebrate
Candlelight Productions' 10-year anniversary.
(They're an AMAZING not-for-profit company that aims to strengthen community through creativity.)


 And lastly, something a little more modern - ombre chocolate work.
This was done with a new recipe for Swiss Meringue Buttercream kindly shared by
my idol and baking goddess, Nat Paull from Beatrix in North Melbourne.

Speaking of whom, I can't wait to try her recipe for Elvis cupcakes next! Or maybe I should just mosey on down to the joint...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, say hi!