Saturday, July 7, 2012

Owl buttercups and Gymnastics cake

Finally! I have time to post these pics from a recent party I did for a little girl's 6th birthday. Thanks to the recent teeny mention in The Age recently, I got a call from Erica, who asked if I could make some goodies for her daughter's birthday.

She decided on a cupcakes for her daughter's class on Friday, and a gymnastics cake for Saturday's group of friends. And as an afterthought, she asked if I could make owl cupcake toppers for the cupcakes too.

"Sure!" I said, and off I went to research. I googled some images, drew up my design, cut out a template and after painstaking effort made 40 of these babies:







I'll do a tutorial on how these were made soon.

And here's the Gym cake - which matched the birthday girl's leotard!

The headless gymnast strikes again...


 There! Much better...


 

Rhythm gymnast with her balance beam.

Erica was sweet enough to write this:
 Thank you so much...husband is super impressed, as am I, I know my girls are going to be so excited when they see the cakes tomorrow! Even the gymnast matches my daughter's special party leotard. She is going to feel very special.
And after the party:
Thanks again Sarah. Party was a huge success and the cake looked fabulous but also tasted fantastic!

Wow. Nothing like two messages to make you feel extra special! Heh!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message, say hi!